DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Re: Player-Based MUDs?

There are two lists, depending on what you are looking for.

If you are looking for an immersive, roleplay-focused world, here are a few games that I'd suggest:

- New Worlds Ateraan: Strong guild system, focus on roleplay/exploration/crafting(stuff to do).
- Threshold: Similar to New Worlds Ateraan in style of content.
- Atonement: More roleplaying intensive, including permanent death and lack of OOC channels. No "NPCs" or imaginary figureheads - players have organically created their own post-Apocalyptic government/law and regulate it themselves.

If you are looking for a more hack+slash world with encouraged roleplay and strong player-run government systems:
- Achaea/IRE MUDs: Huge playerbase, player-run governments, pay-for-perks system for fast advancement (if you have $$$).
- Realms of Despair: Similar to the pros of Achaea, but entirely free. Original SMAUG MUD.
- Ironclaw Online: A lot of focus on Guilds and some creative gameplay. Races include furries.

I'm sure that there are other good examples, but these are the ones that come to mind based on personal experience. I'll rank them in terms of their roleplaying intensiveness with 5 being the greatest and 1 being the most casual of this bunch of suggestions (not compared to more h+s games.) I do this because the importance of roleplay is probably the biggest pro/con for most players.

Atonement: 5
New Worlds Ateraan: 4
Threshold: 4
Ironclaw: 3
Achaea: 2
Realms of Despair: 1
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote