View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 02:09 PM   #13
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Within reason - obviously no matter how much I incorporate into the design, it'll always be possible to come up with additional things. But I'd like to cover most reasonable dragon-oriented concepts and avoid any glaring omissions.

Could be added as a Winds of the Mind spell (if you have Psionics, it unlocks various mental spells). I'm not sure if you could reasonably force players to go on quests, but paralysis would be an option, and perhaps short-term memory loss could be handled as skill penalties.

That also reminds me of the 'dragon fear' that some dragons have (D&D?).

The Fumes of the Pit power handles poison spells, but I'm not sure what sort of in-game benefit you could provide for someone who poisoned a river (unless you like collecting dead fish). It's more of a storyline feature that would benefit an RP mud, but that's not what I'm aiming for.

Ranged-senses are already supported, and I definitely agree that dragons should have acccess to such an ability (it's a pretty important part of PK navigation, so it's really something I missed on the design).

The mud isn't really set up to handle entire armies at this time, and even if/when that changes, it'll be outside the scope of classes. I'd rather just concentrate on ideas for the dragon itself for now.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote