View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: What do you enjoy about RP?

This is also the most appealing aspect of RP to me, especially from an administrative standpoint. I like to build stories with other people and see where it goes. Multiple creative minds working together can often create amazing things.

I'll admit that I love fantasy settings more than anything others because I like trying to get into the mindset of my character. In addition, I love trying to figure out questions like, "Can I actually play a character who is smarter than I am, or am I limited by my own brain?" Would it make me smarter to try to play a character smarter than myself? Anyway, I like exploring other roles in alien worlds.

In a sense, I like to have my characters accomplish things that I'll never be able to do in real life. I'll never be able to keep my party alive as we drag ourselves out of a dragon's lair after fleeing from a thousand hatchlings. I'll probably never own a gigantic mansion inside a tree trunk that I can furnish with acorn furniture. I definitely wouldn't be able to do it in the fraction of time it actually takes on a roleplaying game as opposed to doing it in real life.

Roleplaying allows me to explore a lot of options that I won't ever have. It also lets me interact with people that I may never be friends with in real life. It's also a wonderful outlet for creativity when my cup runneth over.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote