View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 01:45 PM   #2
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Well there's a little joke among players where I play - that you can always tell that a male is playing a female because her description always includes her breasts (which are usually large and firm), and because she is a typical "f-me PC." Men, it seems, have a tough time playing just any old ordinary female, and instead focus on "femininity" when they roleplay them, as if that is always their primary personality trait.

This isn't to say that "f-me PCs" aren't useful or valued - they certainly have their place in the RP world, especially when played realistically and consistent to the game world. It's just kinda funny (in an amusing way, not a bad way) to learn that F-me PC #676 is yet one more male's interpretation of a female.

I think the same is true for the opposite - that many women who try to play males ultimately go for the crotch-scratching roleplay. We might pick up on one aspect of the "male stereotype" and exploit it with our character's personality. Again, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's just an interesting discovery when you realize that Crotch-scratcher #496 is yet another female's interpetation of a male.

I have also noticed that "believable and multi-dimensional" female PCs, being played more often by women, get more positive attention than the F-me PCs, played more often by men. Note I say more often and not exclusively, please.

What does all this mean? I dunno. It's just a funky little observation.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote