View Single Post
Old 10-10-2002, 05:03 PM   #4
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
In defense of Bardon..

First Maggie, I'm only guessing Bardon's "review" in the GS review section is what prompted your post in this thread. If I'm wrong, that's okay - since it still applies to his comments.

Now to the defense thingie.

Bardon is the CEO of Simutronics, Inc. He's not a contributing member of this forum, however for whatever reason, he read the review.

Being someone ignorant of the "ways" of things on this website, I think perhaps it might be easier to just cut the guy some slack this time around, and perhaps send him an e-mail (it's on his review) to let him know that in the future, the "boards" section would be a more appropriate place to comment on reviews.

I was highly tempted to do pretty much what Bardon did (his name is David Whatley, by the way), and the *only* reason I didn't, is because I've been a member of this forum long enough to know better.

Now this next thing isn't in his defense, but just an added comment.

The previous review that he wrote about was extremely slanted and totally misrepresented facts. It was done in such a way that readers who might otherwise consider playing, might not.

I don't play GemStoneIII anymore, though I did for several years and have met David and many of his staff members. Everything David said was 100% true, and further, it was in defense of intentional misrepresentations in a previous review.

At the present time, the Mudconnector staff does not check each negative review to make sure it's truthful (though they reserve the right to do so). At the present time, there exists no way for a person woh is *only* interested in reading reviews, to read rebuttals to those reviews, or clarifications of them.

I would suggest that such a thing be implemented..in the review section.

Maybe..in the page with the list of reviews for MyMUD, there'd be a link to a Discussion about MyMUD reviews.

This way, there'd be less clutter here on the boards from people griping about reviews that aren't really reviews. but there'd also be a way for people who WANT to see reviews about reviews..or people who feel the need to write reviews about reviews, to do so.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote