View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 12:31 PM   #7
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Well, I know we'd never participate in this, at least, because nobody gets to "certify" us. We could just certify ourselves, of course, as we went to the trouble of creating original code, but still, my attitude would be, "We've got hundreds of players online and we rock. That's the only certification we need."

You've got a point, but then the people who mention that searches are for finding something different from the top muds list also have a point. I think one thing that would be nice would be to randomize the order of muds listed in a search. Having a MUD that starts with 'A' guarantees you more traffic the way it currently works, just like being at the top of a google search guarantees you more traffic.

Yes, that'd be good. I think post counts are crap, personally, and they tend to convey a false impression that those with high post counts have something more worthwhile to say than those with low post counts (in fact, there are certain members of this forum that will explicitly slam people with very low post counts for chiming in on an issue).

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote