View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 10:25 AM   #3
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
I'm not familiar with D-gate's emoting system, so I'd have to preface this by saying it depends on the commands you have available to you.

For me, I like to break things up a bit. One line might be just a nod to someone. The next line might indicate a wave to you, with the tavern's light bouncing off the ruby ring on my finger. Some examples of emotes I might do (using the system of the game I play, which allows for wonderful variety):

The setting: I'm the cowgirl chick, walking down the street. I get to the room where the templar guy is, and I need to talk to him.

>Approaching with her gaze respectfully averted, the cowgirl chick bows to the templar.

>The cowgirl chick tells the templar, in sirihish, "d00d i need 2 talk 2 u"

>His eyes narrowing suspiciously as he regards her, the templar tells the cowgirl chick, in sirihish, "w00t"

>The cowgirl chick fidgets nervously with the shredded lining of her bedraggled and filthy blue silk gown.

>Clearing her throat and staring at the enormous cleavage on the chest of the templar's buxom guard, the cowgirl chick tells the templar, in sirihish, "i pwned j00 other gard last nite b/c he stoled my steal dagger of d00m & destrukshun!"

>The templar gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

BEEP!
Welcome to Armageddon!
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote