Thread: Tactless idiots
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 09:22 PM   #1
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
Ya know, I usually could care less when something like this happens and I just let it go after contacting the admin/staff of whatever game it happened on, but this annoyed me enough to actually share my experience...

I'm the admin of Feudal Realms, have been for as long as it's been up. If there's one thing I loathe it is one of my players, regardless of who, going to another game and trash-talking it, especially on open channels.

Today a player logged in as Talgren, from a socket at ppp-68-21-131-23.dsl.euclwi.ameritech.net. Within about 10 seconds of being on Feudal Realms he felt the need to proclaim to everyone this...

Talgren gossips 'this game bites, achaea is weay better'

Needless to say, I banned the socket and denied the player. Now when this happens, I generally go to the game which the player so nicely commented on, ask to talk to an imm or admin and let them know what happened, and what the person's socket is. In 99.9% of cases they are as annoyed with the goings on as I am and they deal with the person, who is usually logged on, and sometimes even in front of me. Needless to say, they understand that this is tactless and that it is generally the poorest of mud etiquete to do so.

So I go to the Achaea page, click on the little java link and log on. I ask to speak to an immortal or staff member and explain to the person who replies, and I am given this response...

"We don't care about other games, or your problem."

Ok, what the #### is with that attitude, honestly? And no, I don't expect an admin to control what their players do, and I've heard that "Well, they are doing what they want, I can't control that.", but my god, don't have that kind of holier-than-thou **** off kind of attitude when you are presented with an issue such as this.

Tactless, pure and simple.

Terloch
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote