View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 05:12 PM   #17
Earthmother

Home MUD: GateWay MUD
Earthmother is on a distinguished road
My experiences DO make me particularly sensitive to this issue, yes.

Am I hearing criticism? Yes. Your first post cites a 'problem' that may need 'fixed'. My assessment was that the 'problem' was what you say above, that people who use secondary pathways to power are not as good as people who do it in a primary way. I disagree that it is a problem, that's all I am trying to get at.

Your first post puts it like this:
So, I see you being critical of women who use sex, the obvious and easy way to power, to gain power. I do not find this to be a problem.

Why? Because, if it works, it works. If the woman has power via sexual means, she still has power. It was easily attained, in fact, someone else GAVE it to her, yet... she still HAS it. This is not fair, but life is not fair.

Now, you make some fine points here, to wit:
The key word to me in that, however, is "IF". IF your children were attracted to power. Not everyone is. I can understand your distaste for laziness, lack of self-confidence, and manipulative behavior. Sadly, these things are all parts of human nature. If you (or this forum) can come up with a way to make these things disappear from human existance, someone's getting a Nobel Prize, undoubtedly.

I understand, very well, how distasteful it is to see people in MU*s get advancement via only sexual means. I still don't see it as a pervasive problem. Only once have I seen a female advance *completely* beyond her own capacity through flirtation/sex. Most generally, men who are willing to give away power for sex in MU*s, don't have that much power to give. Men who have power are often wily enough to realize that some chick is 'playing' them for it, and they cut off the help/info/eq/whatever soon enough.

As far as the kind of children you intend to raise, and with what values, I wish you the best. Hopefully, your children will not use sex to attain power. But I guarantee you, *someone's* children will. And, as long as people keep falling for it, and letting their loins get in the way of their brains, then, I will defend a woman's right to utilize sex to gain power. It may not be pretty, but if it works, I'm not going to look down (too much) upon the woman who does it. It annoys me in the MU* world, but the guys who fall for it annoy me WAY more than the gals who use it.
Earthmother is offline   Reply With Quote