View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
SirTank

SirTank is on a distinguished road
I know we have a few sites with databases of MUDs, but how about the player's themselves? Specifically I am referring to the existence of a master banned player database? For example:

Player Joe Mudder gets banned from Mud A for reason B. I think it might be a little helpful to have a way for us mud admins to insert Joe Mudder's IP address into a database with the reason for the ban. This would do nothing more than serve as a tool for admins to use at their own disgresion. Sort if like how the sexual predator database works. It would in no way suggest or force a mud to take any sort of action against the player, but again, serve as a tool from which they can judge what action or non action to take.

I realize IPs are fleeting and people usually get them dynamic, but at leat it's a step, something small that might help. Except for AOsmeLl and other crappy mega ISPs most mudders are locked into a specific class C. Think of it as a player review, but obviously only bad ones. Bad player's can't hide forever unless they make a concerted effort to switch providers, and make a conscious effort not to do the same actions that got them banned and bad reviewed in the first place, which at that point the list has served its purpose and the said player should never appear on there again.

I don't mean this to be a rant or confessional for admins to express their own muds opinions about who should and who should not play Muds, but rather a call to see if this would in any way be echoed as a value to anyone else? And if anyone disagrees, why.

Tank
SirTank is offline   Reply With Quote