View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #3
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
1) If you don't require extensive documentation, this would be not much more than a rumor mill. I don't think such a product would be useful, let alone fair.

2) If you do require extensive documentation, it probably won't see much use. If I know someone's a toolbox, it takes me a minute or so to take care of them on my own game, and I always keep documentation in case an appeal is requested, but I'm probably not going to want to spend all the time organizing this for everyone else.

2B) I'm not really interested in disseminating how we catch cheating in a semi-public fashion. It tends to act as an instruction book for not getting caught the same way a second time.

I'd like to see more MUDs communicating if there are specific concerns, however. For example, the owner of another game recently contacted me about a couple of our players being retards on their game (advertising us, being a nuisance, etc.). He provided names, logs, and some identifying information, and I was able to track down who was responsible and pull a couple aside.

I could also see a small group of admins agreeing to cooperate if they know each other.

But that's very different from opening up our records to a large group of people. I suspect a lot of admins will see it that way, and such a database won't get off the ground.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote