Thread: Top 20 muds
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 04:46 PM   #38
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
I understand that Synozeer doesn't want to mire himself in policing duties, but surely it is not difficult to ban a mud who so BLATANTLY and BRAZENLY abuses the system.

I think Molly makes an excellent point regarding the long term "psychological" effects of Achaea's gross abuse of the system. When people see someone "get away with murder" long enough, eventually they just throw up their hands in disgust and give up.

Lately, there have been numerous threads expressing disgust at what Achaea does. That is indicative of a very serious problem. But the indicator of whem the problem is even worse is when you STOP seeing threads about this. Why? Because that will mean people will no longer care, and when they don't care, they'll just abandon the site entirely.

The lack of quality, substantive discussions in the forums is a very good indicator of this. I hate to see it because I have always enjoyed the TMS forums. The software is vastly superior to what I have seen on other "mud" sites, and Synozeer doesn't allow disgruntled gamers to use the forums as a way to destroy the muds they got kicked from. That combination of factors makes for a good environment.

I think we are nearing the point where despite everything Synozeer has said about policing, he is going to have to make a choice. I think if he doesn't do something about Achaea soon, he will be jeopardizing the long term viability of the entire site as people simply give up.

I would hate to see that because I think Synozeer is a good guy. a good site admin, and deserves to have his site succeed.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote