View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 07:51 AM   #9
Slanted

Slanted is on a distinguished road
I just tried Evarayn, which has a somewhat unique method of gaining skill. You can do guild assignments, which is basically little mini games (one was minesweeper with a different name, another was a matching game) and that gets you cash and exp. Exp also accrues over time and you can spend it on any skill within a given category. However, when I finally got down to crafting, I found it to be somewhat lacking. Also, some of the content that seems to be designed around crafting assumes that you also like to hunt, and as a rule I usually try to keep crafting characters and hunting characters seperate.

I remember trying Shadows of Isildur a year or two back and that game was just unbeleivably slow to get started on crafting. I followed someone around for like 2 - 3 hours just trying to RP out determining what commands and what steps to take, but I couldn't even get those. He hinted to me that the time investment was beyond comprehension, and I figured if this is the normal pacing of the game... well no thanks.

I have tried a lot of other games too, but thus far I haven't found one that had a non-repetitive crafting system. The end results sometimes vary a lot, but you always take the same commands and repeat them over and over again.
Slanted is offline   Reply With Quote