View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #17
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
Re: What Happened to Player Owned Housing?

Ugh. Don't get me started with EQII.. Million collectible books, but no working shelves. Every rent reducer is either some monstrous gadget, or a wall sconce, or a pet. Almost nothing "functional", and then you only get a small number of rooms to work with, so you have to cram in all in any way you can. I have an entire fracking pile of tomes in the "back yard", up against the wall, like a staircase, both because a), you can't stick the things one shelves at all, and b) my personal, but sadly failed, amusement at seeing if there was actually anything visible over the wall...

They really need to do something to "fix" the clutter issue with that stuff. Like a shelf that you can "add" your tomes too, so they disappear, as more books fill in on the shelf, while still counting, partly, towards your item total.

But, its still better, in some respects, than what I had on the mud I played on. Design anything you like, but it was months before you could add "look items", and you still can't place physical items in the house, like plates and forks, or a shovel, etc., which someone could "pick up". And... I would love it if you could have hired guards, or placed locked doors, or just lighting effects.

Oh well...
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote