Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #31
GuruPlayer

GuruPlayer is on a distinguished road
IMHO Mudsex has no place on any MUDS when you cannot control access to minors.  So no, I don't engage in it, neither have I ever been approached by other PC's in that manner.  Why? I wasn't looking for it!  People who engage in mudsex have to be looking for that kind of gratification, & I do not buy Mr.Tau's argument that: "Sex in a RP enviroment can add a level of attachment and depth that nothing else can match. RP is 'enhanced life' and the same things that move us in RL are supposed to be a part of RP."  Bullsh*t!! You're looking to get your rocks off, & that's OOC not RP!!

Yet in the same post he states: "The people who run games have no absolute way to tell how old their players are. They can ask, they can monitor, but in the end it is never going to be more than that."

I've played D&D since it's invention, & would not consider RPing sex with other player-characters, as that is not why we play D&D.  It would be embarassing for the other players not involved, even though we are all adults over 18.  So I fail to see why it would be OK on a MUD, when you can't ID how old the person is behind the character you are trying to screw.  

I wonder what kind of MUD Mr. Tau is developing, one where instead of killing the dragon (he stated "but I find real violence to be FAR more objectionable than sex.") you give it oral mudsex??
GuruPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote