View Single Post
Old 08-04-2002, 10:58 AM   #6
Robbert

Robbert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Robbert Send a message via AIM to Robbert
What's happening, when you say "failed to install" ? Is it getting everything done and failing on bootup? Or is it hanging at a particular install screen?

Mandrake (and, in fact, Slackware !!!) has three levels of install open to the user: text interface, ANSI graphics (like the old DOS shells) and full graphic. Lemme know where it's hanging, and I can probably talk you through that part of it.

All distros should include RAID support as part of their kernel. Is your RAID card flash-upgradable, and if so have you done the latest upgrade?

In all of the distro's, there is a problem with the LILO boot loader configurator if you have a dual- or multi-boot system. If, when you reboot, you get "LI" on the screen and then it hangs,t his is because LILO has set itself up wrong. This is a known problem and supposed to be fixed in the next distribution(s). I can talk you through what is necessary to circumvent this if this is the problem.

I did some research on NTFS systems, and understand now why you would have the three partitions. I'm not certain, but you may be able to mount that partition through samba services; the documentation isn't clear on whether you can do a local load of it as well as a remote.

When you say three partitions, are you also setting up a fourth as a linux swap partition?
Robbert is offline   Reply With Quote