View Single Post
Old 02-22-2003, 09:37 AM   #3
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
An entire mud based on sports would be too much, I feel.
Except for the more blatant sport idiots, and they'd probably be too busy either watching it on TV or performing themselves to bother with a mud.

Although god knows there would be plenty of material for roleplay; not only the training and competition, but also all the backstage intrigue, doping, cheating, sleeping around with the trainer etc...

An entire Mud, no - but the odd zone, yes.  That could be quite interesting as an alternative to the usuall mob bashing. We actually have had a Golf course zone on our mud for ages, built by a kid who used to be a caddy on the course portrayed, so he had quite a good background knowledge.

The zone was not bad, but pretty static, so currently one of my top Builders is revamping it completely, exchanging all the room descs for more or less interactive scripts. When she's finished with it, you are going to score differently depending on what club you use in different situations, eventually slice the ball and land in the rough or a sand bunker, and so on. And if you do the entire 18 holes below par, they'll be a hunk of reward for you...

I kinda like the concept.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote