View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 12:52 AM   #1
locke
Banned

Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking KaViR is a cyberbully

Well, folks, this thread:

Shows how Kavir abuses his power at TMC to damage his competition. Simultaneous to his recent release of GodWars II, the "random mud pick" at TMC reads:

Random Mud Pick: God Wars II ( Play Now )

His motivation in creating this absurd argument that Mud Server A is really Mud Server B is essentially a "false-positive" - meaning, he creates the illusion of a gray area, then uses his power to call into question NiMUD solely to get an illusion of illegality around the software, driving out competition -- just like he has done creating an illusion of a community around his dwindling GodWars codebase. Of the 43 muds listed on TMC as "GodWars", only 12 operate and only 2 don't infringe on other people's copyrights and/or trademarks in their content.

He can't stand a fair competition, so he eliminates it -- unfairly -- solely to sooth his own ego while he employs cronyism through use of sock puppetry and his personal friends. There is no accident that the people who respond responded when they did, he has carefully orchestrated this illusion for his own personal gain and is doing so supposedly in the name of the "community", but in reality he is doing it solely for himself. He finds it amusing that he can rub salt in other people's wounds, and uses those weaknesses to bully others into responding, then uses his sockpuppets and cronies to create pressure - kind of like Jay Leno did to Conan O'Brien.

More evidence of Dick Woolcock's cyberbullying: - you will note that many times in the timeline they mention KaViR saying one thing and doing another, or providing different rules for different people, or trying to get people's services shut down for using software that had been distributed to them - probably by KaViR, who then later denied it or revised history to appear differently, since this timeline comes from KaViR himself.

This document is my argument that I do not use a significant enough amount of code from Merc/Diku to warrant calling running NiMUD "running a Dikumud" since NiMUD is not a DikuMUD. A DikuMUD comes in a DikuMUD package, and a NiMUD comes in a NiMUD package. Since I am not "running a DikuMUD", I don't have to keep their credits in the "credits" command because all I have to do according to the license is keep their notices in the source code and their names in the login sequence.

You can tell from the way KaViR picks on me by insulting me regarding my deceased colleague, creates regarding NiMUD, and then uses his power to flag NiMUD using a KaViR-created false-positive for Diku license violation.

He is doing this only for his own personal gain, and the way he goes about it is to use dirty tricks. He has had NiMUD delisted from TMC - I was not allowed to defend myself before it was delisted in front of anyone but KaViR and his 4 cronies/fake accounts - and at least I now know who it is who has it "out for me" in the Mud community. Richard Woolcock is nothing more than a self-serving egotist with no respect for his elders or the people who have provided him with valuable source code. Using his logic, he would say the same thing of me --> with no legal backing and without providing any significant evidence. This technique is called reflection, (mirroring or copycat-ism) and he used it in the above thread on Mud Connector to spread FUD before abusing his power as a TMC "auditor" -- a position which he holds only to serve himself, with the occasional legitimate claim to keep his relationship with TMC appear legitimate. He will interpret legal documents in ways that benefit him only, and will ignore and disrupt any attempts to defend one-self.

I do not recommend using his software or dealing with him at all. From the few GodWars administrators I spoke with, many of them expressed disdain and the few who didn't were also bullies.

Last edited by locke : 07-26-2010 at 01:51 AM.
locke is offline   Reply With Quote