View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 08:50 AM   #148
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

The idea of a group of reviewers doing something like that is a good one - oddly enough, Enzo brought up something like it in a thread here:

If carried out the way he's suggesting, it's certainly more valid than many reviews we see now.

I've never said what I'm doing is a review, by the way. In fact, I've gone out of my way to say it's not. I *do* visit the games to make sure they're operational (and said as much in my introductory post to the Tavern of the Blue Hand version of this thread). But I'm not limiting myself to games that would survive even a normal five-minute test. Some of these are games in the alpha phase that are looking for staff, trying to get off the ground.

For you, for others, there may seem little value in giving even slight exposure to these lower-ranked games day-after-day. But the cumulative effect is that every day I post about a new game from the sub-20s, there's a chance that game - and every other game in that thread - will get people checking it out.

And, Jiles, given the rate at which games proliferate - and the fluid nature of the lower rankings (especially 81-100) - I don't think I'll need to go to a weekly pick anytime soon. If anything, I'll just have to plunge a little farther and do as Samson suggested: Find games in the sub-100s to help out.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote