View Single Post
Old 06-19-2004, 04:27 PM   #32
Estarra

Home MUD: Lusternia
Estarra is on a distinguished road
Two questions.

1. What's the difference between the zmud script opening and closing a window to vote, and the voter who closes the window immediately after he or she voted? It seems to me that is the sort of voter that this zmud script is designed for. Many, many people just want to vote for their MUD but who don't really browse the site (no offense).

2. What's the logic in the rule that forbids MUDs from turning off a reminder message after they voted? I understand it wouldn't be proper to penalize players for not voting, but turning off a reminder message to remind a player to vote when he or she has already voted seems logical to me. Certainly, I think it is a stretch to call this a "reward" for a player (or a "punishment" for those who don't vote). At the very least, it lets the players know that the MUD administration isn't so dense and incompetent that they can't tell who has voted or hasn't voted.

I feel that while rules are necessary, there's a line that is crossed at some point where the rules appear to demand that players who vote must live in a vacuum.

Just my opinion, of course.
Estarra is offline   Reply With Quote