Thread: Administration
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 04:35 PM   #30
Stilton

Stilton is on a distinguished road
From a staff members perspective, what they get for the amount of time they put in is probably much, much more than what they'd get from most free muds.

I see what you mean about the difference being Matt earning money from the enterprise, but if it doesn't bother the staff then it shouldn't bother you or I. If every involved party (players, staff, company) is happy with the arrangement , then who are we to complain? It's not like Achaea is some third-world sweatshop and staff is working for $0.10/hr 20 hrs per day because their families will starve otherwise. These are mostly well-educated people with plenty of leverage.

You haven't actually addressed the points Mason and I made in the other thread exept to point again and again at a single FAQ entry that's not quite applicable AND is obviously intended as a general guide for the general public rather than as a definitive reference, but let's keep that over there.

You've hurled cheap personal insults in both threads. I haven't.

I hope you didn't regard the Godwars II comment as a personal attack; I was pointing out that lots of time and get fun/satisfaction of contributing +neat vacation is arguably getting more for your effort than putting in lots of time and getting "just" the fun/satisfaction of contributing.

I haven't said that I feel your own reaction against helping someone else earn money with your mostly uncompensated effort is unreasonable. I'm just asking you to accept the idea that other people can reasonably disagree.

Choice of how we spend our free time is, after all, a question of opinion.

Stilton
Stilton is offline   Reply With Quote