View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #10
scandum

scandum will become famous soon enough
Re: Male and Female Players: Are the experiences different?

Would scantily clad gorgeous studs improve the situation?

I tried to see if there was information about gender differences on the bartle test but couldn't find anything. The general stereotype seems to be that males lean toward killer/achiever and women toward socializer/explorer.

Does that imply that women are more likely to try roleplay enforced muds?

Would this mean that women are more attracted to muds with enforced rules, rather than more libertarian muds that hardcode the rules?

I guess a realistic game world is what most muds strive for, but you don't always get the builders you want. Perhaps women care more about an immersive world than males do.

I'm not following you here, I'm referring to WoW-like quests and other interactive scripted behavior in areas. I'm stressing interactive because there are a lot of muds that use scripts for purely cosmetic reasons.

You sound like the typical explorer/socializer profile. I think what ruins WoW for explorers is that it's designed in such a way that a 4 year old can figure everything out, all mobs and weapons are generic, so there's no challenge in finding the right leveling area with the right weapons and tactics. It's more of an achiever/socializer game with a decent end game for player killers.
scandum is offline   Reply With Quote