Old 01-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #177
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
You're wrong - did you read my definition post? (I don't blame you if you skipped some of, it was crazy long). Amateur and Professional have relevant definitions that state that the words both revolve around whether or not one gets paid for his work - Amateur and Professional ALSO have relevant definitions that state that the words both revolve around either being skilled or unskilled. They two definitions conflict with each other. This makes both of those terms subjective and not specific when used as an example.

The definitions of 'free', 'play', 'pay', and 'perks' were shown in my previous post to not contradict their own definitions, therefy making them objective and more specific. This makes them better terms to use.

Matt - I'm not against specifying the termanology even more - though I would like to try to come up with a mutually agreeable phrase for some of the more difficult to explain models. "Free-to-Play, Optional-to-Pay-for-Perks" or something of the like works fine in my mind; especially if each item in the coloring keycode had a link that sent you to TMS' definition of such a game. If people want to brainstorm and find mutually agreeable terms to come up, I wouldn't be against that, as long as it was for specifying the models for the players objectively.

The point is that it would better for all players if they had more extensive knowledge at their disposal. I've still yet to understand how anyone would be against this basic idea - I'd expected more arguments on the best way to implement it when this thread first started, and fewer arguments on why MUDs shouldn't have to give their models.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote