Old 01-19-2006, 12:08 PM   #172
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Disciple - I'm not sure I agree. There is a limit to howmany skills you can train in IRE games. Credits do more than just accelerate your advancement in the game - Credits also increase your maximum skill levels beyond what they'd normally be capable of becoming. This is mechanic enhancing, and while you could barter in-game items for cash-bought-credits, the same thing could be done on Midievia, or any other commercial game. The fact that perks are being bought with cash, and that without any cash there would be little-to-no market for perks shows that the models are nearly identical with minor semantic differences.

I'm not trying to bring down the pay-for-perks system... I just think it should be categorized for what it is. "Pay-to-Play & Pay-for-Perks" or "Free-to-Play, but may Pay-for-Perks" depending on the game. Either way, it would better the quality of this website to plainly show users which games follow which formats, so that they may make more educated decisions on how to use their time while searching for new MUDs.

Players deserve that, I think.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote