View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 10:10 PM   #102
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: Guidelines for an RPI mud.

Would you mind letting me know which core feautures of MUD that RPI MUDs lack?

Would you mind letting me know frankly some of the features that RPI muds have that are not intensive?

Just so we all are clear here:
in·tense /ɪnˈtɛns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-tens] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. existing or occurring in a high or extreme degree:

Do you not agree that having permanent death is an extreme degree? Do you not agree that having no levels is an extreme degree? Do you not agree that having no global ooc channels is an extreme degree? Do you not agree that forcing your players to register accounts is an extreme degree? Do you not agree that forcing players to submit their characters as applications is an extreme degree?

I'm confused here. Name me one feature that I've listed for RPI muds that is not intense and I will gladly never post again. But however, you cannot. As you can see I have listed the definition of intense and Roleplay Intensive Mud, stands for a type of mud, not the fact that the Roleplay is Intensive, and it is, because at RPI muds we make it more intensive with certain features. Whereas at other muds the roleplay cannot be as intensive, because you simply do not have the extreme degree of changes that we have. Period.

Every single feature that an RPI mud has is there for a reason. Intensifying the experience and the roleplay. Sure you can say you have good roleplay at another mud, but if it doesn't have these set of features, it obviously isn't going to that "extreme degree" that all RPI players agree upon needs to happen.

I don't know what else to write.