View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 03:43 PM   #7
Amara

Amara is on a distinguished road
Here's a great example, in my opinion.  I just had a character who was worried about a friend go out alone at night to go look for him--  in a city where it was known that there was a group out kidnapping young women who went out alone after dark.  So, off she goes, into the darkness, intent on helping her friend.  She has the best of intentions, but...  Well, we know the destination paved with those, right?  She notices she has a tail at one point, and loses them.  Picks it up again, loses it again, picks it up a third time--  but this time doesn't notice.  Along comes a large fellow who tells her it really isn't safe to be out alone--  he's a good Samaritan trying to help her out.  She explains that she's out looking for her friend, and she can't go back to the shelter she was in because it's now past the time the doors lock.  So, he takes her to this place where an old woman is running the equivalent of an orphange, and then goes off to lead the bad guys away from them.  My character is worried about this really nice guy though, so she peeks out a window to see what's going on.  This attracts the attention of Bad People, who start heading over.  She uses her Jedi mind tricks to try and get them to go away, but this just increases their interest, and now they start shooting.  Grandma shoves the PC down and covers her with her own body--  and is shot and killed in the process.  End result:  the orphans are now without their caretaker, and even more of a target for the criminal elements of the neighborhood than they were before the night began.

Oh yeah, that went well...

Amara
(Her friend made it back to the shelter the next morning, severely injured, but without any assistance from her.)
Amara is offline   Reply With Quote