View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #5
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
My favorite mud site, hands down, is Inferno

Regardless of what anyone feels about pay to play games, or pay for perks (or in this case a game that's closing its doors after over a decade of running)...

I just totally love this website. It's got an awesome manual, with cross references all over the place. A person can go to the "Quickstart" thinking they might only need to read the very basics... and read something that intrigues them and want to read further - and be able to link directly to the page that goes into detail about the topic that interests them. No need to search endlessly for info on most things, because of the sheer number of cross references.

You could start out interested in learning about a race - aerians for example. And within that page, the word "Light" (the alignment they hail from) is a hyperlink to the Lightland city, which has further hyperlinks to lightland roleplay, to various clans within that alignment, etc. etc.

Checking out combat has a reference/hyperlink to armor, which is actually in the economy section of the website..and so on and so forth.

Everything is laid out very neatly and logically, but also cross references so you can read things how YOU prefer to read them.

Check it out now, if it interests you, because I have no idea if the site admin will leave it up after the game shuts down on Sunday.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote