View Single Post
Old 05-04-2002, 05:41 PM   #31
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
A few comments on your post, Cerise....

I know stuff like this happens. It has happened to me _many_ times in fact. However, that is one of the reasons for me designing my current MUD. In the end, it will be completely without staff - it will not need it.

Staffed MUDs tend towards favoritism and, well, unfair/biased administration. However, RoD is one of the biggest MUDs. If someone was banned completely without reason, then heads _would_ roll, I know as fact. Seth, as KaVir has said, is only saying his side of the story - the opposite side has had no chance to tell their story. Honestly, if Seth pulled the same crap he has detailed - questioning immortal judgements, taunting the immortals, etc. - on a MUD I ran, I'd likely kick him off as well. According to his own words, he was trying to undermine the immortal's authority _publicly_. From an imm point of view, that ONLY causes harm to the MUD, and brings no benefit whatsoever. By not taking it higher, and promptly taking it to public channels, in his OWN statement, it proves that he only had bad intentions.

You people may not like what I have to say, but honestly, that's what I see it as. I've been on the short-end of the stick many, many times - my most recent, The Sea of Storms, for "melodrama". A RP-enforced MUD. Banning for "melodrama". _That_ is the short-end of the stick. What Seth claims...-shrug-

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote