Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 05:01 AM   #43
Mulisha

Mulisha is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mulisha
Probably thread necroing, but heres my 2 cents.

Mudsex is as dirty as you make it. If you wanna do the whole "fade to black" emote scenario, thats cool. But it shouldn't be a problem if 2 consensual partners decide to engage in simulated text intercourse. If one of them happens to be 60 years old, and the other person is 13, thats not the admins fault. Its really the parents fault for not monitoring the kid in the first place.
Of course, then you have to ask yourself, why the hell are you trying to shield a 13 year old from mudsex in the first place? I remember my middleschool years, I heard far dirtier words in the lunchroom than on a text game. Everyones hung up on this notion that we have to "protect the children", we need to shield them from "the evil realities of the world".
Take that GTA "Hot Coffee" mod for example. Politicians across america flipped out because a game that was rated 17+ had unlockable sexual content if you downloaded a certain modification, but nobody paid attention to the fact that the game was created for a mature audience in the first place.
The same goes for MUDs. Its ok to cleave a goblin orc in half with a rusty battleaxe and loot its corpse, but god forbid you simulate a little intimacy.
Mulisha is offline   Reply With Quote