Thread: Reviews
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2002, 01:33 AM   #1
Scorpcrys

Scorpcrys is on a distinguished road
Hey, yeah, just a question. Why are listed games permited to allow or not allow reviews? This bugs me, i mean, what's the point of not allowing them? Do they have something to hide? Are they afraid of what players will say? All in all, i think it speaks in a negitive way to not allow people to review them.

I wanted to check out a game that had no reviews, so i really didn't know what to expect. So i get into this MUD and was greeted by the most obnoxious insulting person i'd ever met. And when i'd had enough, i walked away, and guess what? She followed me and continued to yak on and on.

I was havin' problems navigating so i asked on the "Newbie channel" for some directions. I was asked to look for a kind of door.. good enough, and then someone scouled me for not using "Game lingo". I was baffled and didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Not a nice way to greet a potential customer (at least tell me what i'm doing wrong for god's sake). So i asked what exactly i had said and i learned that sayin' "yer" is a crime there.

I also meantioned that they had a rude person there scaring away new players. What'd they say? "It happens". No one cared, they were more worried about me saying "yer".

So i seriously want to write a little review about this game warning people what they're gonna run into (as a newbie like i was) and it's pretty frustrating to not be able to. Any chance this "review: allow or not allow" thing being let up?
Scorpcrys is offline   Reply With Quote