Thread: Rapture license
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 03:44 AM   #57
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
But what I said was that there are no licensable mud engines with better commercial track records. Where are the games more successful than ours, written in those engines? I don't know of any muds written in those engines that even approach us in terms of commercial success. If Simutronics was licensing we certainly couldn't make this claim.

Of course it will require a large amount of time and effort. Everything worthwhile does. If it was easy, there'd be a lot more commerical muds. Iron Realms has certainly required an enormous amount of time and effort. More of my life (and I'm just one of a group at this point) than I like to think about sometimes.

My situation was different how? The only differences I see are that it's likely someone licensing Rapture today knows more about muds than I did when I started. I had no clue what I was getting myself into back then. I didn't even know how to code beyond some Basic and Pascal years earlier in high school.

We'll just keep making muds that lots of players like and be satisfied at that I guess. Hopefully Malaclypse will also be doing that.
--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote