View Single Post
Old 07-22-2003, 01:40 PM   #12
Jenred

Jenred is on a distinguished road
If people would read what I first wrote, I said:
"At first I thought Illegal, then thought about many other marketing schticts that do similar things etc." I was saying it was funny at first, then maybe I thought illegal, then I thought no. So stop thinking I'm like accusing you or whatever.

Parody... hmm:
This doesn't really provide a comic effect, or ridicule it. Because the state of the advertisement doesn't tell what the Abattoir is, or who is even saying it. If the Abattoir was some sort of raunchy prostitute and the person saying it was a drunk sailor to his friend while sizing up the woman in the bar, then yes. It might be a parody. But the way the advertisement is portrayed, its not a parody. So scratch that excuse.

No one knows who or what the Abattoir is if they are reading the advertisment for the first time with no clue about the MUD. I would think it some dungeon, or evil land. Like the place it was being substituted for in the original line.

Anyways, its not really comidic, not parodying anything because no one knows the situation that the statement is taking place in because the advertisement is too short to display such.

All in all it seems to be a cheesy way to draw people in using a line from a current movie at the time.
Jenred is offline   Reply With Quote