View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #65
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: Reasons to promote/discuss your MUD on TMS.

Some of your comments in this thread:

"I occasionally read a few reviews off the front page here, and the overwhelming majority of them are still fanboy/flame reviews. They are complete garbage."

"Moderating them MIGHT reduce the most extreme offenders, but the ones that get through will still mostly be junk."

"You will still have given these kinds of misanthropes a forum to spread their lies for however long the review is up"

"But the majority of reviews get written by people who are unbalanced for one reason or another."

"The people who actually end up taking the time to write reviews are more likely to either be blatant suckups or enraged haters."

"The more normal folks with less virulent opinions can't be bothered to post."

"That is why MUD reviews that are not written by "staff" are doomed to always be mostly junk."

To which Molly remarked:

"I don't see attitudes such as the one displayed by Threshold helping much"

And you have the gall to accuse her of attacking and insulting you?

I think you've made it pretty clear what you think of players who write reviews. However Molly is correct - if Lasher wants this site to appeal to players, then referring to those players as "unbalanced misanthropes" who write "complete garbage" to "spread their lies" is hardly going to make them feel welcome.

You've made it more than clear that you want the forums to remain as they are, but it's becoming equally clear that many other posters favour change. Rather than attacking those posters, how about showing us some of this "professionalism" you keep talking about, and try presenting your views in a civil manner? You might be a big fish on your own mud, but on here you're just another voice among many, and losing your temper doesn't make your arguments any more compelling.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote