View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 05:46 AM   #73
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Re: Reasons to promote/discuss your MUD on TMS.

That's really exactly what he's talking about isn't it? You're accusing him of being 'terrified' and implying that it's because he has something to hide. Molly was doing the same thing earlier in the thread, writing, for instance, "It boggles me why some mud operators are so afraid of reviews. If you have any confidence in your own game - which you should if it is a good one - what is there to be afraid of? People are usually not that easily fooled, they will see through the disgruntled-player flames as well as the fanboy fluff."

It's got nothing to do with fear, of course, as is clear, I'm sure, to everyone interested in seeing both sides of the issue, so how about we stop throwing around the insults and implying that people who hold a different opinion (one backed up by considerable experience in some of our cases) have some sort of nefarious motives, or that their games are "bad" because they're coming from a position that she doesn't understand.

I mean really, do you have any idea how much work it'd be to actually be nefarious? I, for one, am far too lazy to bother.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote