View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 05:59 AM   #74
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough
Re: Reasons to promote/discuss your MUD on TMS.

I meant to consider the following a little more carefully back in the thread but I didn't have time. Unfortunately Aristotle is done with the thread, but to quote:

Like some people have said, I don't think it makes much sense to have sub-forums here for specific muds.

On a lark I compared the TMS and TMC forum activity:

Needless to say, I might have missed one or two threads. It's 3 AM. However, I think I got the general trend. Interestingly enough the promo % is roughly equal. I would expect a higher % at TMS. Needless to say, TMC activity dwarfs that at TMS.

I'm not surprised that game forums such as Threshold's and IRE game forums would also dwarf TMC, given the populations involved, and probably, interest. Maybe Lasher should host a 'TMS mud'. He could use stock diku.

I think what's happening here is that the majority of TMS hits come through voting. Few of those voting look at the forums. They vote and leave, or vote and click through on a mud in the top # list and leave. If there's little interest in the current forums, then folding reviews into the forums as Lasher mentioned is the way to go.

Someone else brought up (I think) folding articles into the forums as well, is this possible Lasher?

edit: I suppose a bunch of people could be lurking on the forums as well. short of lurking myself and monitoring viewing activity in all the threads, and comparing this against some other statistic to filter out bots or whatever, I don't see a way to gauge this very well. Maybe someone else has some ideas.

Last edited by Ide : 08-02-2007 at 06:07 AM.
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote