View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 05:04 PM   #89
Favonius

Favonius is on a distinguished road
there's so much quoting going on in this thread, it makes my eyes want to bleed. i kind of sit back on this forum and watch discussions, but i wanted to point something out.

Whether you like it or not, if you are popular you have to take on a few responsibilites if you want to be seen well in the public eye. Because you are popular, you are a role model for the community. You should be proud of that. Other MUDs want to be like you. That's why its an outrage to the community that you break a rule even it it is only "a tiny teeny weeny little bit".

That's why the public freaked out at Kobe Bryant. All the little boys want to be Kobe Bryant, a great basketball player. But he raped (supposedly) a woman... does this mean its alright for the little boys to rape women in the future? If there is no public outcry then it may seem that way. Same thing with Martha Stewart. Same thing with every single celebrity that commits a crime.

So no, your crime isn't being popular. Your crime is you are a horrible role model in the community.

You've lost one fan.