View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #34
Aeternitas

Aeternitas is on a distinguished road
I must say, this is a vey interesting thread. I've been playing Med for 5 years, off and on...have I agreed with all changes that have been made? No. Is this particular change my favorite? No. Am I going to condemn the game for it? No.

Looking through all of this, what has been implemented on Med is not much different than what another game that has consistently been at the top has done. And yet we get a large finger of blame pointed squarely at us, get accused of cheating, and threatening the players. Why is this? Medievia is a damn good game. I've never seen a MUD survive so long as Med has, nor have I seen a game evolve in the manner that it has. Hands-down, it is the most complex MUD that I, and anyone I have ever spoken to, has played. For it all to work, and to have the playerbase that we have, we MUST be doing something right...and there wouldn't be such cries of outrage about this if someone, somewhere, didn't recognize this. So far as the post from the IMM channel in this forum, I did not see it, and cannot say whether or not it happened, but anyone who knows Med and it's staff, many tongue-in-cheek things are said, by Gods, Heroes, and Lowbies alike. It's the nature of the game. As far as the prompt flag goes? I haven't cleared it, I subbed it. And reading the helpfile as I have several times today, it only states any less-than-favorable treatment toward those who use the in-game command to clear it, when they haven't...because doing so is LYING...and lying GENERALLY, among the sane populace, reaps no rewards. The alternative, if you don't want to vote, and don't want to see it: /sub {<Help IVOTE>} {:} in Mudmaster...if you use zMUD I can't help you, but it CERTAINLY can't be hard to figure out. This system, therefore, is essentially opt-outable. Enough said.
Aeternitas is offline   Reply With Quote