View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 12:31 AM   #2
Rathik

Rathik is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rathik
In my personal opinion, the most important part of PvP is uniqueness. Every player should have the ability to build their own character in their own way. It’s discouraging to see everyone in a certain level range with the same equipment and classes. However, with uniqueness comes the difficult and discouraging task of keeping it all balanced.

Things I don’t like to see in PvP:

Equipment-based combat:
In the mud I play, equipment is too important. To be competitive, you would need several pieces of quest equipment and a nice quantity of other “good” equipment that’s relatively easy to get. In the end, everyone is wearing nearly identical equipment at any given level range.

Everyone has the same class:
The main problem with having seven classes and having to remort into each of the seven classes is that when you reach your seventh class, you will be quite similar to any other player with seven classes.

Things I do/would like to see in PvP:

Stat training and limited skills:
This is one of the ways to make a unique character. Allow enough training sessions to train only some stats, not to “max” them, but enough to have an effect. Same with skills. Allow only a large, but limited, number of skills to be bought/gained/earned.

Race or physical affects:
A character’s physical/racial build should affect PvP. Not only should stats have an affect on PvP, but also the character’s race. A basic example would be, if a character is a larger race, such as giant, he could be harder to stun or have more HP, but easier to hit. A halfling on the other hand, would hit most of his opponents more often and receive fewer hits due to his smaller size and ability to avoid attacks.

Player skill:
I agree completely here: player’s knowledge of his skills and spells is very important in PvP. Knowing which spells or skills are good versus a certain type of opponent is one of the only ways to beat someone who is a higher level or has spent more time on obtaining equipment.
Rathik is offline   Reply With Quote