View Single Post
Old 05-04-2002, 11:10 AM   #1
Tooloose

Tooloose is on a distinguished road
I saw the 'how old are you?' thread below. I'm a young and winsome 33 myself--and very happy to see folks even more ancient than myself still gaming.

I started MUDing last year. It's not easy finding a game geared toward older players (and, I guess, younger players who are mature beyond their tender years). I found a game I like, and an admin I liked better (and he's far older than I!). He's starting a new game (and one reason I'm posting is, frankly, to advertise it. But also ...)

The age thread started me wondering: if you're older (say, late-twenties or above), what are you looking for in a game? What would your perfect game look like? Do we tend to have different preference than those youngsters who still have full heads of hair and functional knees?

Now the ad: this admin I like is starting a new game. If you're looking for an intelligent, mature, RP-intensive game in an original world, with no magic swords, slaughtering monsters or any of that--but with plenty of subterfuge, conflict, swashbuckling, dramatic plots and counter-plots ... give Outremer a try. It's "The Three Musketeers" meets "Brotherhood of the Wolf" in a fantasy world with magic and inhuman races ... it opens for playtesting tomorrow (May 5), so while it's not entirely ironed out, you'll be getting in on the ground floor of something great ... you old fogey, you!

Oh, and the website is:
Tooloose is offline   Reply With Quote