View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #230
Graeblyn

Graeblyn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Graeblyn Send a message via MSN to Graeblyn
Why do you suppose "working class" people spend their time working? You seem to be under this impression that labor exists because members of the labor class enjoy toiling alongside their comrades for the sake of the communal good, with no feeling of ambition or desire for self-betterment, which is as demeaning as it is naive

I have been following this whole debate, without commenting, but you repeatedly skirt around a "limousine liberal" mindset that poor people are poor because they are too stupid/naive to realize that "business people" are evil and taking advantage of them. This sort of snobbery, while couched in liberal/pro-labor/communist/"whatever you think you are" terms is in fact rather demeaning of the "working class" you are apparently trying to champion.

Most adults, whether they be "working class' or "business people" or both (imagine that), are perfectly capable of deciding for themselves whether to spend money on these games, when and if the opportunity presents itself. I daresay nearly ALL working class people spend their time working because doing so gives them MONEY, despite your belief to the contrary. Frankly, I find your underlying supposition that IRE is run by a businessman preying on the fact that working class people are stupid to be EXTREMELY offensive.
Graeblyn is offline   Reply With Quote