View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
enstarred

enstarred is on a distinguished road
Re: Immerse Yourself in ShadowGate!

Shadowgate is built on ShadowGate/Nightmare Mudlib 1.5/3.2 .... Driver: MudOS 0.9.19 - does that answer that question? I'm really a bit clueless when it comes to technical aspects like that.

As for death! It isn't permanent. If a player is killed in PvE fashion, they lose some experience as well as everything they had in their inventory. They are welcome, in this case, to attempt a corpse-run and gather up their things, or to find someone to help, etc.

If it's a PVP, the victim must RP that they have no memories of the incident. They lose some experience and all of their belongings . Additionally, they are flagged for a few days which basically means they can't jump right back into provoking/pking/etc others. There's a fair amount of rules in place about how that situation is handled. I think it's also important to note that a lot of players on Sg consider KILLING to be a bit of a desperate action. We have a lot of options available to us, being able to knock players unconscious - bind them, gag them, blindfold them, and all the happy, imaginative things that could possibly entail!

(In both death instances, there's always a chance some random piece of equipment will return with you, but it tends to be something pointless, like a lantern.. and "High Mortal" players are permitted to have one item bound to them which they can't ever lose)

I'm sorry it took me a week to get back to you. Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Last edited by enstarred : 02-29-2016 at 03:05 PM.
enstarred is offline   Reply With Quote