View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
SirTank

SirTank is on a distinguished road
I'm not going to sign up for the DoN forums because I'm lazy like that...so I'll just tell you here.
the client doesnt render ansi properly for some colors. Specifically I noticed bright yellow and bright cyan are showing up white in DoN while showing up as the proper color in every other mud client I have tried (zmud,gmud,wintin,tintin,kild,mudmagic,etc) The bright red is almost pink.

if you want to see what I'm talking about just connect to
mud.lordtrox.com 8500 and view the opening screen. the scroll's text should be bright yellow and the bottom of the dragon's flame should be also, along with that dude's eyes. Maybe if it looks correct to you, I have something in the client set wrong?

I'd also like to make a suggestion. You want a really kickass client, make optional windows. lets say, as in Gimp, your client had the ability to open up multiiple windows, and you just provide the target parsing code to us Mud Admins (like how MSP works) and so we can send info to specific windows. For example if you had a window for Player Stats, I could continually send a char's current stats to the client to be displayed, also Char Affects, etc. that way a player doesnt have to continually type those information commands in, which clutters up the main window.

Sure I understand users have a way in some clients that they can open a new window and setup a script to pipe the output to it, but they still have to manually type the info command or at the least write a complicated script (which most players don't know how to) to accomplish that. At the least the player just doesnt use those windows so all text is still outputted to the main screen, at the most, a player can really have some power to focus on the game. I guess I just really like how Gimp is setup as a UI, and wish someone would do that for a mud client.
SirTank is offline   Reply With Quote