View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #23
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: LFM: skill-based game with RP

I didn't realize that I was posting on 4chan.

Did I strike a nerve somewhere? Is the invective due to my pointing out that the emperor has no clothing in some games?

People default to romance role play when they're bored enough. When people sit around in an inn waiting for something to happen, and there are couples in full bloom sharing the same room and describing exactly how they are cuddling or kissing, nothing is going on.

When nothing is going on but the grand poobah is someone who only likes to deal with his small group of friends, and the only time he'll willingly bother with you is when he feels like finding an excuse to send you to jail, which is something he likes to do when his friends are bored, still nothing is going on.

When parties form and it's just the tank leading the group and everyone in the party has buffs/debuffs, healing, and DPS handled, and they all are making sure that their triggers work, that's the same thing as anything you'd find on an F2P Steam MMORPG.

If the immortals drop a huge pile of HP on "the biggest party this MUD has ever seen" and the dozen lowbies can just sit there and try to make sense of the combat spam while the one or two highbies deal the damage, where's the credibility?

If I'm allowed to "attack dummy" and sit back while my melee skills automatically improve, why can't I set up a system of triggers to do the exact same thing with throwing knives?
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote