View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 07:02 PM   #1
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
I think some people are just better writers than others. I know I am not one of those people. To all the good people who read this board, I ask you one question. How do you get better at writing.

I'm really asking this because of this. I love to play online RP games. I've been playing on and off for about 3 years and now I know why I can't stick to it. Some games I leave because the RP isn't really what I was looking for. But I have found 2-3 games that I truely enjoy, but because I think my writing (and my roleplay for that matter) isn't that good. I can come up with all types of different characters, but in the end they all seem the same. They all seem to have the same way of moving, talking, etc. I owe this all to my lack of writing skills.

I love tabletops RPGs. Mainly because I think I am an animated person. Acting things out is sort of natural to me. I talk with my hands alot and use different voices. But online, I feel like I all my characters are one dimentional.

Most people suggest that I read more books. I already read for fun and for school. Some suggest just write down what ever comes to mind. That doesn't work much either. Can you all suggest anything else.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote