View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 12:20 PM   #9
Seth

Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
I don't see why (S)NAT hinders the development of IPv6. I think that IPv6 will be extremely hard to implement anyways due to the millions of PCs that will need instant changes to their most basic configurations, not to even mention the configurations of individual programs, the need to alter code etc... Would the advantages of IPv6 outweigh the disadvantages?

As for PHP 4.2.0, it's okay after I had build a new configure script. Everything seems to work more or less, but the GD libs seem to require humongous ammounts of systems resources, but I think that's mainly due to the fact that image generating is just a bitch on system resources.

And the MySQL bit isn't that easy to solve. All localhost connections were mapped to localhost.localdomain in the PHP MySQL libs, not due to a kernel issue. Using /etc/hosts would reroute it back to 127.0.0.1 but the request for authentication would still include localhost.localdomain as host, which would fail against most mysql.user tables because they usually only contain entries for localhost or remote hosts.
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote