View Single Post
Old 08-11-2003, 11:02 AM   #14
OnyxFlame

OnyxFlame is on a distinguished road
Jiles: Oh ####, here I am trying to sound all knowledgeable and stuff and then I find out they changed the stat limits while I wasn't looking. *snicker* But see guys, it just illustrates my point. We care so little about the numbers that we don't notice when they're changed.

Some other guy: Actually the number of imps is very important in some circumstances. Players have gone so far as to discover some of the formulas used in the code, therefore knowing their exact amount of imps enables them to use these formulas to their advantage when learning the skills.

General comment: Armageddon has some of the best RP I've ever seen, and yet it uses numbers for hp and some other stuff. Most people just tend to RP out what it feels like to lose 6hp vs. how it feels to lose 20. They at least do it right. (And I don't think you can ever raise your max hp during the game either since there's no actual levels.) In fact my main problem with Armageddon is that there's *too* much focus on RP...you can't really stand around talking ooc to some guy to get to know him as a person rather than a few lines of code.
OnyxFlame is offline   Reply With Quote