View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough
I like this idea a lot. How do closed-ended muds handle new characters created after the mud starts a new cycle?

This reminds me of a fun 8+ person social/drinking game called Werewolf/Hunter. You all sit in a circle, two people are werewolves, one person is the judge, one person is the seer. Every night everyone but the judge closes their eyes, then the werewolves open their eyes and choose (by pointing) someone to kill (they can choose the same person). The werewolves close their eyes, the seer opens their eyes, and the judge tells the seer who the werewolves are. Then everyone 'wakes up' and opens their eyes. The judge names whoever is dead, then the villagers (including the werewolves and the seer) choose (by discussion and voting) one person (who is suspected of being the werewolf) to kill. Repeat until all the werewolves or villagers are dead.

Also there's a board game called 'Betrayal at House on the Hill' that I think would be a very good model for this kind of mud. In Betrayal a group of about six players explore a haunted house by adding room tiles to a starting entrance tile, and encounter events, items they can take, etc. At a certain point the 'betrayal' is triggered, and one person becomes the traitor/monster with a secret goal that the rest of the players have to counter (the goals are contained in a largish scenario book that's based on the specific combination of things that set off the betrayal).
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote