View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #51
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Reaching out beyond text MUDs

I love this thread for several reasons, but the main one is the premise. Most of the posts in this thread center around one thing: Bringing players into our universe of text gaming.

I used to be a HUGE graphics gamer and programmer of graphics based games when I found the Text world. Like many, it was daunting and shocking to find people interacting in this fashion and egotistically I scoffed at it, but two weeks later I was hooked and only very infrequently play graphics games anymore.

I think all of us (admins, creatiors, and players) working together to draw the crowd of uninformed to our worlds it not only benefits each of our games, it benefits the Universe of Text Gaming. Some have mentioned in posts on other threads that we should be working with eachother not against eachother in this effort and I am inclined to agree and will try to maintain a level of professionalism and positivity for the other Text Worlds that are part of this Text Universe.

For those that are interested, here is the thread that talks about the book vs. the movie stated on a previous post in this thread:

Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote