View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #184
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: RPI, RPE, and Roleplay

Wrong again as usual.

The RPMUD Network's Operating Committee did indeed check all 360+ RP MUDs for which we could find a contact address. Each was checked to see if they were operating and open for players. So, you're wrong there.

For the record there are 553 RP-enforced MU*s listed on TMS, TMC along with a few that were found by searching the web. Of them, over 360 had email addresses listed but a couple of them were not RP-enforced leaving just a tad over 360. Those without an email address were excluded from our check since we could not contact them and the purpose at the time was to email them about our elections (At a future date we will check the 200 or so that did not have email addresses listed before we put them into our database). Of those 360+ with email addresses, 225 of them are open for play. That's just over 60% of them and just a tad under 50% of all the RPEs in existance. Not 10% as you claim. So, wrong yet again.

Of the 58 I listed there through a simple cut-and-paste, 21 of them are still active. I didn't have my USB drive handy to pull the list of open games with email addresses so I simply cut-and-pasted the first page (ie, the letter A) of the file that was on the computer I was sitting at. That file happened to be the raw list of games with email addresses from which we checked each and every one. The portion I pasted to my post was just those starting with the letter A.

So, wrong again.

However, if you want me to post 10% of the open games, here's that plus some extra just for kicks. As of December 2009, all of these games were running and open for play.

Aabahran: The Forsaken Lands
Aalynor’s Nexus
Abandoned Realms
Accursed Lands
After…
Age of Legends: Tales of the Lance
Age of the Throne
Akarian Dawn
Aldria OpenMush
Alveus: Hollow World
Angel City MUSH
Angelic Layer
Ark of Fools MUX
Armageddon
Arqueth
Arthenia: The Scarlet Dawn
Avendar: Crucible of Legends
Ashirion: The Broken Sphere
AtlantisMUX
Atonement
Avendar: The Crucible of Legends
Beleriand
Between Darkness and Light
Big Damn MUSH
Black Sands
BlackMUD
Blademaster: The Age of Darkness
Bleach MUSH: The Beginning
Blood of Dragons
Bloody Roar
BrMUD
BSG: Kharon (BSG: Resistance)
Buffy MUD
By Right of Blood
Carrion Fields
Castle D’Image
Castle Marrach
CastleMUD
Celathryan: The Uncharted
Chiaroscuro
ChronoMuck
The City By The Bay
Colorado Dreams
Corporate Expanse: From the Cradle
The Cortex
Cosmic Cuttlefish
Cruentus Apocalypsis
Crystal
Cult of Man: Southern Cross
CyberMUSH
CyberSphere
Daedal Macabre
Dark Age of Cybertron
Dark and Shattered Lands
Dark Isles
Dark Metal
Dark Mists
Dark Risings
The Darkening Sun
DartMud
DBZ Cataclysm
DC: 52
DCU: Legacies of Justice
Deckeon
Denver: Dark Alliance

That's just those with names beginning with A, B, C or D. So, again, your claim that I couldn't name 10% of them is wrong.

You need to think before you open your mouth. RPIs are a type of RPE. Hence, the list of RPEs would include the RPIs which his why two were on the list I posted.

Thus you're wrong yet again.

Last edited by prof1515 : 03-12-2010 at 05:48 PM.
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote