Old 06-08-2011, 02:25 AM   #25
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for a friendly, active, RP-oriented game

I would like to humbly suggest Threshold RPG:

telnet: thresholdrpg.com:23

Threshold fits every one of your criteria and I believe it is the longest running RP required MUD on the internet. It has an amazingly deep and rich history, while also maintaining a very newbie friendly environment where new characters are welcomed for the fresh ideas and RP they bring.

The reason I specifically highlighted your #4 is because I think Threshold fills that request in a unique and extensive manner.

We have 3 developers/admins. Of those 3, one is female and one is gay. Additionally, half of our player base is female.

Any sort of ridicule of the type you mention is completely forbidden and is not tolerated.

On the issue of pay-for-perks, Threshold does have extra features people can pay for, but the entire game world, classes, abilities, levels, zones, quests, etc. are available to everyone even if they never pay a penny.

Furthermore, one of our company mottos is: Players ARE content. We consider non-paying players extremely valuable, as they add a lot to the gaming environment and the roleplay community.

You should definitely check it out. Over 300,000 people have played Threshold in its 15+ year history, many of whom have stayed for over 10 years.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote